Perhaps the ultimate measure of occupancy in an Avaya Communication Manager environment is ‘call rate’. BHCC (Busy Hour Call Completions) ultimately drive the requirement for server processing power. It’s important to see this both in real time, and historically for trending purposes.
What are these reports for?
- Measure the combined loading of internal and external calls on your server
- Capture very narrow bursts of traffic for actual peak loading
- Trend call rate over time for accurate forecasting
- Control costs when scoping server processing power
Where do I find these reports?
The call rate historic report is available in VSM’s Capacity Manager module in Reports. The call rate real time report is available in VSM’s Service Desk module in Dashboards – ACM System Health.
VSM’s growing library of useful real time dashlets and historic reports let you track utilization of hardware and software across your UC platform.
Call Rate Reporting in Action
Click on the screen to watch a demonstration of call rate reporting.
Call Rate Dashlet Example
This dashlet gives you a picture of the peak call rate across your ACM platform in the last hour, today and yesterday. Measurements are expressed as BHCC (Busy Hour Call Completions).
In this example:
- 3682 calls were completed in the last hour
- The peak within that hour was at 15:19:12 where 50 calls were completed in 36 seconds
- Today (so far) the peak was between 11:00 and midday where 3730 calls were completed
- The peak within that hour was at 11:58:48 where 54 calls were completed in 36 seconds
- The peak yesterday was between 15:00 and 16:00 where 4646 calls were completed
- The peak within that hour was at 15:56:24 where 58 calls were completed in 36 seconds
Call Rate Historic Report Example
This report gives you a picture of the peak call rate across your ACM platform for a given period of time. Measurements are expressed as BHCC (Busy Hour Call Completions).
In this example:
- Peak call rate across the month is consistently around 16,000 calls per hour
- The busiest time was on 10/12/2017 when 283 calls were completed in a 36 second interval