New VSM Features: April-June 2020
As a native cloud service, we’re continuously updating VSM with new features and improvements. Here’s a quarterly summary of some of the recent great new additions to VSM: April to June 2020.
We continued our focus on customer journey, leveraging our ability to link disparate data together. We’re finding a huge global interest and uptake of the new functionality:
- We extended CMS Call History to show rich VQM configuration data.
- It is now possible to not only view voice quality configuration details for a call segment, but also the full diagnostic graphical presentation of the stream within that segment.
- The Voice Quality Dashlet has been updated to incorporate streams routed through Call Centers, summarizing voice quality by Agent, Skill, and VDN.
- Call Details Records (CDR) is now fully integrated with our VQM data, including stream path, graphics, and configuration details.
We refreshed VQM, providing new leading-edge visibility:
- We’ve provided even smarter AI troubleshooting diagnostics.
- There’s now gorgeous bi-directional stream details and path graphing at a single click – now you can see the experience of both parties on a call at the same time.
- When viewing stream details, it is now possible to toggle views to the related stream (in the other direction).
Protocol Validation is a great gem within VSM used for validating service protocols and raising an alarm if a failure is detected. For example, periodically checking that a website is up and running and raising an alarm if that website becomes unreachable, or a 4xx, 5xx error is detected. We’ve added support for additional protocols:
- Raw Socket
We improved existing reports and dashlets:
- Trunk group reports and License reports have been extended to also run against IP Office. Furthermore, a new report, Trunk Group Call has been created to report on call volumes for IP Office equipment.
- Improvements were made to the ACM Summary Dashlet for Duplication and ESS / LSP management data.
- There’s richer reporting of Call Rate on the ACM System Health Dashlet.
- We’ve provided better visibility of missing or incorrect .wav files in the Audio Groups configuration report.
- A new report has been added in Configuration Manager. The Redundant Audio Files report runs a reconciliation of configuration versus .wav files and identifies the files that can be removed from announcement resources. This report massively reduces the time taken to do this work manually.
- Agent and Agent/Station Data reports now cater for up to 64 skills.
- The Windows System Health Dashlet now shows SQL Performance Counters.
- There are enhancements for Customer Equipment and Station Data reports – it’s now easier to discern between different Configuration Items.
Other general areas of improvements are:
- Security – Customers now have the ability to enable, or disable a Business Partner’s Remote Access.
- Files and folders has undergone a major UI upgrade, making it easier to navigate and share content amongst Virsae, Business Partners, or customers.
- The SIP Trace page has several new enhancements to make troubleshooting SIP traces even easier.
Remote Worker Assessment
Is your UC system coping with remote workers? Keep your Avaya platform optimized in the ‘new normal’. VSM provides real-time indicators of critical changes to keep your UC and CC platforms running at peak performance, wherever your staff work.
Podcast: Listen On-Demand
Unravelling the mysteries of call quality
in the era of remote working
Podcast: Ian McCarthy
How to address issues that might have been overlooked in the initial scramble to remote working, such as call quality and customer and user experience in the contact center.