The focus of this update is on our end users, improving the overall user experience making VSM easier and faster to use, as well as fixing and improving ongoing reported issues.
At a glance:
- Reports are now available via a single consolidated reports page, instead of needing to navigate to each report individually via each module
- The CMS Call History grid has been upgraded with a faster, sleeker UI
- Two new thresholds are now available:
- IP Network Region Endpoint De-registation
- CDR Buffer Utilization
- Ongoing enhancements to Network Scan
- Ability to test access for IP Office
- Ability to use external connectors to configure how messages can be delivered to third party services
- And for Business Partners:
- New upgraded landing page with table view and tile view, and incorporated machine proxy heartbeat information
- New consolidated page for managing customer details
New Consolidated Reports Page
Previously to access reports, users needed to navigate to the report via a pop-up context menu, making it difficult to run a number of reports in rapid succession, or give an overview of all available reports.
VSM has now been updated, when users navigate to reports, they are taken to a consolidated reports summary page, with detailed documentation about what each report does.
From this page it’s also possible to schedule reports, and see how many scheduled reports are currently configured.
Multiple reports can now be run at once, by using ‘Ctrl-Click’ and opening them in new tabs.
We’ve also improved visibility of what reports could be available for the modules our customers are currently not subscribed to.
IPNR Endpoint De-registration Threshold
This threshold will raise an alarm (severity 2 by default) when the total % of de-registered endpoints for all or selected IP Network Regions, in the last specified time interval reach or breach the specified threshold.
This threshold can be used to detect minor or major de-registrations of endpoints.
Unlike other thresholds, any alarms triggered by this threshold will not auto-resolve.
CDR Buffer Utilization
Avaya ACM CDR buffer utilization, measures how much call detail data is currently buffered. Buffering occurs when the CDR link is down, or is experiencing problems. Any buffer utilization may be indicative of network issues and should warrant investigation.
This threshold can be set on the primary or secondary CDR link. Where only one link is configured it will be selected by default.
CDR Buffer Utilization information has also been added to the ACM System Health Summary, and ACM System Health Dashlets
Upgraded CMS Grid
In the previous release, the CMS Call Trace was released allowing users to build incredibly precise and detailed reports on agent performance, call experience, and site configuration issues. The focus on CMS continues in this release with an upgraded grid, following our new style, specifically:
- Full size view, and column management – particularly useful for CMS data, which has an extensive list of data variables
- Drop-down filtering
- Detailed contextual tool-tips
- Easier to use rules builder
Improvements to Network Scan
Based on customer feedback, we’ve made further enhancements to the newly released Network Scan grid by adding:
- Ability to export scan results
- Ability to filter on specific ports, or all unsecure ports
And, for Business Partners
Upgraded Landing Page
The Landing page has been upgraded. This is what you will see the next time you log on:
- All customers appear on the front-page, tile view
- Ability to toggle between tile view and table view
- Table view shows last Machine Proxy heartbeat
- Any customers with a heartbeat older than 10 minutes are shown as amber
- Any customers with a heartbeat older than 60 minutes are shown as red
Redesigned Customer Management
Customer details, subscriptions, deletion, logos, and account settings, can now be viewed and managed under one page:
Improvements to Test Access for IP Office
Previously, VSM did not support test access for IP Office web services.
This functionality has now been added to VSM.
The test access timeout has also be reduced to 20 seconds, giving faster feedback if something has gone wrong.
Call Trace Report returning blank data on older versions of CMS
For some customers, running version 14 or older of CMS, the CMS Call Trace report was blank for some queries. This has now been fixed.
Failed Ping Requests not raising alarms
Previously, there was an issue where alarms were not being raised for failed pings, due to an internal exception occurring in VSM. This is now fixed.
Customers are shown failed ping alarms correctly.
External Connector Service not configurable
External connectors allow users to configure their own services for delivering messages and can be configured under Service Desk -> External connectors.
Previously, it was not possible to configure the External Connector Service as the workflow was unable to find the external connectors.
This has now been fixed. All users can create a workflow using the external connector.