If you run out of media resources, symptomatically, some strange things happen:
- Calls remain queued, even though there are available agents
- VDN of Origin announcements don’t play for agents
- Calls go directly to voice mail without the station ringing
- Call recordings aren’t made
- Conferences fail when attempting to add new members
When users report these types of things, its enormously hard to pinpoint why. Even worse, you may not even know it’s happening. So, it makes sense that this crucial resource is given visibility and is managed correctly.
What are these reports for?
- Measure actual media resource peak consumption
- Identify which sites have sufficient resource and those that don’t
- Redistribute resources without having to simply purchase more
- Trend consumption over time for accurate forecasting
- Control costs and improve customer experience
Where do I find them?
IP Telephony Media Capacity Reports are available in VSM’s Capacity Manager module in Reports. Capacity Manager’s growing library of useful reports let you track utilization of hardware and software across your UC platform.
IP Telephony Media Capacity Reports in Action
Click on the screen for a demonstration of IP Telephony Media Capacity Reports.
IP Telephony Media Capacity Summary Report Example 1
This report gives you a picture of the peak media resource utilization across your platform for a given period of time. Measurements are expressed as a percentage used of available resources. The report covers all variants of media resource, including Media Gateway VoIP, Media Processor and Media Resources.
IP Telephony Media Capacity Report Example 2
Track and trend media resource utilization over a specified time period using the IP Telephony Media Capacity Report for an individual network region. You can accurately forecast if and when you’ll run out of resources. Furthermore, you’ll be notified automatically if available resources are exhausted.