What’s it for?
Provides a real time view of CMS system health at a glance, and significantly reduces time to repair by pin-pointing the underlying cause of issues. Covers:
- Server hardware and OS health
- Processor occupancy and uptime
- Backup status
- Connection to ACM status
- Number of CMS Supervisor clients connected
VSM dashboards run the same diagnostic commands experienced engineers run when they are identifying problems. These commands are run on a minute to minute basis and the results displayed on a dashboard, color-coded to reflect solution health.
Where do I find it?
Dashboards are available in VSM’s Service Desk module within Dashboard Management. Service Desk contains a growing number of user-configurable dashboards that display health across your entire UC and CC platform.
CMS Dashboard in Action
Click on the screen below for a demonstration.
CMS Dashboard Example 1
This customer has issues that need attention, highlighted by the traffic light color coding:
- The memory consumption is a little high and should be observed for a potential memory leak.
- ACD 1 is down. The problem is at the connection layer.
- The maintenance backup has not been run. This could be an issue if this server needs to be rebuilt from scratch.
CMS Dashboard Example 2
This customer is running satisfactorily, with one exception:
- The processor and memory are running within recommendations
- The connection to ACM is running at all layers and 14 records are being dealt with
- However, the maintenance backup has not been run. This could be an issue if this server needs to be rebuilt from scratch.